Top 10 Facts About Ancient Egypt challenge!
|32-Dollars worth on Amazon|
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline is Monday, 31st of October. So you guys can have a chance to work on the articles on weekend. Good luck. Here are the points you have to write about:
- Ancient Egypt afterlife: (Tip: You can write about what ancient Egyptians believed they would face in the afterlife, how they buried their dead etc... Write from 3 to 10 lines.)
- Ancient Egypt agriculture: (What crops ancient Egyptians grew, what they used for food and what they threw away etc... Write from 3 to 10 lines.)
- Ancient Egypt anatomy: (“The branch of science concerned with the bodily structure of humans, animals, and other organisms, esp. as revealed by dissection.” . Write from 3 to 10 lines.)
- Ancient Egypt and the Nile: (How important the Nile was for ancient Egypt to develop and become the great civilization it was, the floods, etc... Write from 3 to 10 lines.)
- Ancient Egypt animals: (What animals lived in ancient Egypt, what kind of pets ancient Egyptians kept, which animals were eaten, which were put into labor, etc.. Write from 3 to 10 lines.)
- Ancient Egypt architecture: (The temples, the houses, what kind of designs we had back then in ancient Egypt, who the builders were, etc... Write from 3 to 10 lines.)
- Ancient Egypt artifacts: (Statues are probably the greatest things that ancient Egyptians left behind for us, you can write about the art of making artifacts in ancient Egypt, who the artists were, what taste they usually had, the sizes of the various statues, maybe mention one or two important artifacts that we have today. Of course you can write about any sort of artifacts that you would like to. Write from 3 to 10 lines.)
- Ancient Egypt astronomy: (The branch of science that deals with celestial objects, space, and the physical universe as a whole. Write from 3 to 10 lines.)
- Ancient Egypt cats: (Of course, this one has to be standing out apart from the ancient Egypt animals part, because as you know cats had special importance in ancient Egypt, you can write about their religious role, what they meant to the people of ancient Egypt etc... Write from 3 to 10 lines.)
- Ancient Egypt children: (Children... Cream of the crop! This one can be tricky, since I am not sure we have enough information about children in ancient Egypt out there, but there are still some sources that we can rely on. I remember reading a few months ago about the kind of toys ancient Egypt children used to have, the kind of childcare they enjoyed, and even schooling! I am sure you will not run out of ideas, but feel free to keep this part short.)
This book is a great one that just lists hundreds, or maybe thousands, of terms related to ancient Egypt and gives you information about each term. I believe that this book is out there for free on Google books, you would have to look for it though, but once you find it, you would just love it. The only con about this book is that it doesn't provide information with gradual complexity, it rather lists topics in alphabetical order.
Encyclopedia of Ancient Egypt
This is another A-to-Z book, lists almost everything there to know about ancient Egypt. I haven't yet finished the book, but it seems like some good material for a reading course.
PS: If you know this book or have a chance to take a look at it, give me feed back and tell me if you agree with me that we could dedicate one or two months reading it here in our book club.